Who are we?
Thyroid WA Support Group was established in Perth, Western Australia, in 2005 and consists of members who have experienced health issues with their thyroid and wish to support other Western Australians.
In 2011, the THYROID WA SUPPORT GROUP INC., was officially launched as a not-for-profit volunteer organisation with Deductible Gift Recipient approval from the Australian Tax Office. ABN 84 263 220 330. THYROID WA is a registered WA charity.
THYROID WA is not funded by government and relies entirely on memberships, donations and sponsors, particularly corporate foundation funds, to operate. THYROID WA is managed entirely by volunteers and is the only patient advocate group for thyroid disease in Western Australia.
What we do
Our primary aims are SUPPORT, ADVOCACY and AWARENESS
- Offer support to other thyroid patients and their family members
- Provide educational seminars at community centres around Perth on a regular basis
- Provide a comprehensive website
- Produce a regular newsletter
- Liaise with the medical profession
- Hold open forums where patients can share their stories and ask questions
- Advocate for the rights of thyroid sufferers by providing Members with a coordinated voice
- Fundraise for education and research
For detailed information please view THYROID WA Rules of Association
THYROID WA SUPPORT GROUP INC.
PO Box 174 Hillarys WA 6923
ABN 84 263 220 330
Charitable Collections Licence 21291
Hours of Operation: As we are a volunteer support group we offer limited telephone support. If you need further assistance please email your request in the first instance via the Contact Us page
Board Members : 2017 - 2018
|Ruth Dewey||Vice Chair|
|Monique Atkinson||Board Member / Author / Support Inquiries|
|Glenis Dickinson||Board Member/ FaceBook Administrator|
|Jo McNeilly||Board Member|
|Lee-Anne Smith||Board Member|
|Christine Sweeney||Board Member|
|Catherine White||Board Member / Website|
|Gavin Findlater||Facebook Administrator|
|Cara Riley||Facebook Administrator|
|Kristy Marshall||Marketing and Social Media|
|Christine Fudge||Bunbury region Coordinator|
|Christine Sweeney||Joondalup region Coordinator|